Hearts for Home Care Ambassadors: The Heart of our Grassroots Advocacy
Hearts for Home Care is coordinated by BAYADA’s Government Affairs Office (GAO), but its success depends on employees like you who lay the foundation of support with local and state legislators. Your help is invaluable to our grassroots efforts of spreading the message of the value of home health care.
At BAYADA, more than 150 employees in seven states are Hearts for Home Care Ambassadors. This network of motivated employees with a passion for advocacy is a key component of our program. Quite simply, we couldn’t do it without you.
Ambassadors build relationships…
There are many things you can do to move our mission forward:
- Schedule a district visit with a legislator to introduce yourself (...it's easier than you think!)
- Attend your state capitol home care legislative days or lead a team
- Set up a client home visit with a lawmaker to let them see first hand the value of home care
- Invite a legislator to events in your office
...and engage colleagues
When it comes to grassroots advocacy, the more, the better. Encourage your colleagues to participate in Hearts for Home Care. Here’s how:
- Register your colleagues on our Hearts for Home Care Advocacy Center
- Respond to and encourage office staff to respond to Action Alerts
- Relay important information from your state GAO director to your office staff
Great idea, but who’s got the time?
Being an Ambassador is an important job, but we know it’s not your only job. BAYADA Ambassadors throughout the company balance their advocacy work with their other responsibilities. Some are more involved than others and that’s okay. You have the flexibility to schedule your advocacy efforts around your work time so it doesn’t interfere.
Are you an Ambassador?
Want to be one? E-mail
Have you met with a legislator recently?
Tell us about your legislator meeting